Thursday, November 8, 2012

A long road

" There’s more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we’re hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we’re never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can’t round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!"

Romans 5:3-5 (The Message...loved the commentary interpretation of this verse)

Friends and Family!!

I am so proud to announce that after months of waiting and delays outside of our control, on October 2, 2012 Lance and I traveled to see our sweet girl again and appear in court before a judge and request to be named her parents and the judge said YES YES YES!!! :)


We are officially very proud parents to:

Rush Vera

It has been a LONG road...but a road i would do all over again, every single part of it, to become this little girl's family! God asked us to go, we were asked to put our yes card on the table, don't ask questions or try rationalize why we shouldn't...and through all of the struggles, including an excruciating 8 month delay, our character has been formed, shaped, molded into something new...something better. I have grown to see the world and my life through a different lens...a spiritual lens...struggles are still struggles they are hard, no getting around that sometimes...but my faith is bigger than my fear of those struggles...I KNOW the Lord works EVERYTHING out for the good of those who love him...and BOY DO WE LOOOOVE HIM! I know without a doubt I can rest in knowing HE knows what the heck is going on when all seems so off balance and out of control. LORD THANK YOU FOR USING EVERY PART OF MY LIFE, EASY AND HARD TO PULL ME TOWARDS YOU!!!

We so appreciate every heart that has been burdened for our daughter...every prayer for our family as we waited, every encouraging word or conversation, every dollar that was so lovingly gifted to our family, and for every hand that had a part in our adoption...YOU have made this story, you are forever a part of our journey...YOU have shown us LOVE in many different equally crucial ways...and that is what life, according to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is all about...LOVE.

In just two short days we will be heading back one last time, this time...to 

bring Miss Rush, our cherished daughter 

HOME!!! 

4 comments:

R and R's Grandparents said...

Hurray! And to Christ goes all the glory! I pray for travel mercies and safely on the roads, trains, sidewalks, and buildings...Soon, Rush will have her "gotcha day" and I can't wait to see what happens next!

So excited to be on this journey with you!

Love, Mom

Jessica said...

WooHOO! So many prayers as you travel and adjust!!

Kyle and Kari said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! My heart is overflowing with joy for your family!!!

rosedel said...

I'm so happy for you!